Tuesday, January 5, 2016

Decorated pillow box

Hi everyone!

Pi here with my first project for 2016 :)


A decorated pillowbox.
This was a late Christmas gift, but I thought I'd show it to you anyway, since it came out so cute - LOL!
And since it is redish pinkish, you could make it for Valentine. Just switch the snowflakes for hearts.

There is a pillow box die from Lawn Fawn in the store and I must admit, I've been eyeing it for a while now. There was also a punch board from WRMK, if you happend to get it before they ran out.
My point is, there are a lot of choices out on the market. But if you're like me, everytime I put it in my basket I end up switching it for something else, not yet quite ready for the investment.

But this occasion seemed to scream for a pillowbox, but I was lucky to find a great tutorial on how to make one without a die or a punchboard. You can see it HERE.

However, it took a couple of tries, but I eventually got it just right.
A couple of tips on the way, when you assemble the box, the width will become more narrow due to the depth. I didn't think of that in the beginning, but maybe I'm just not the sharpest :)
Also, the radious of whatever circle shape you're using not only decides the depth of the box, but also effects the length, so don't forget to check it twice.
It would absolutely be easier to just invest in a die.


Products used from The Rubber Buggy store:
Lawn Fawn petite paper pack, let's bokeh in the snow
White lace with white satin center trim
My favorite things die-namics Let it snowflakes
Ice stickles Silver ice
Flatback chrystals
Magnolia chandelier garland red
Magnolia vintage berries chrystal
Magnolia stamps Little summer birds
Wink of stella marker clear
Copic markers

Thanks for visiting!


0 comments:

Post a Comment

Total Pageviews

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Powered by Blogger.