Thursday, May 14, 2015

Dylusion Paints and Ink Sprays

Good Afternoon Everyone!

As I was working away today with my Dylusion's Paint I remembered that I read somewhere about the cool and warm colors and why we should stick with one or the other when we are creating our project. So I went and searched up the information so that I could share it with you and also have a place for myself to come back to if I need to refresh my brain.

There are 12 colors in the paint collection right now and 24 in the Sprays.




Cool  Colors Include:
Lemon Zest, Fresh Lime, Cut Grass, Dirty Martini, Polished Jade, Crushed Pesto, London Blue, Vibrant Turquoise, Calypso Teal and After Midnight.

Warm Colors Include:
Pure Sunshine, Squeezed Orange, Tangerine Dream, Postbox Red, Cherry Pie, Pomegranate Seed, Bubblegum Pink, Funky Fuchsia, Melted Chocolate and Ground Coffee.

Works in Both Color Groups: Crushed Grape.

Neutrals Include:
Black Marble, White Linen and Slate Grey. Mixing the white with another color will give you the pastel color.

We must keep in mind that many colors opposite to each other on the color wheel can easily make mud, like orange and blue or yellow and purple. This is why we divide our colors into cool and warm collections. Any of the the colors from its own color collection will blend together nicely.

My suggestion to you is to label your jars with cool or warm and then it will be easy to remember which group it belongs to and also remind you to only use that collection on your project.

But sometimes we all want to work outside of the rules and that is perfectly okay to that is why we call it ART.

Just thought I would share this information with all of you.

Kellie

1 comment:

Total Pageviews

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Powered by Blogger.